On 5/11/09 7:45 PM, Henning Brauer wrote:

exim is a piece of shit using the wrong design that sendmail abondoned
long ago.and wasn't it GPL or some other unfree license anyway?
postfix is not free.
but there is some rumor in usr.sbin/smtpd/ ...

Sounds like you never tried exim, or at least v4. Currently, no other MTA is able to do what exim does. Its licence may not be the best one, but it is able to do more than any other existing MTA. Security wise, it may not seem the best one, but did you see many security issues with exim?

I am waiting smtpd though, but I doubt it will be able replace my exim installations any time soon.