Uwe Dippel wrote:
Uwe Dippel <udippel <at> uniten.edu.my> writes:

To me this seems a result of the sequence at boot: at first we identify the
physical drives, that is sd0, sd1, sd2 and sd3 in this case, and only later
do we get softraid up, sensibly roaming the RAID one up. Sensibly? Because
fstab can't know and will want to mount partitions of a lower number (sd3 in this case), which is always impossible.

I do understand the problem of 'no labels'/'no UUID', but the current working
will break boot whatever happens: any extra drive, in any slot, will be
discovered at boot time before softraid is activated. So it will break 100%,
right?

Isn't that the case with all fstab entries right now?

You get the computer to list some drive before other disks, raid or no raid, and fstab breaks on you.