* woolsherpahat on Sun, May 24, 2009 at 03:25:06PM -0700:
> my /etc/hostname.ral0:

>   dhcp NONE NONE NONE nwid my_ap wpa wpaprotos wpa2 wpapsk  \
>         $(wpa-psk my_ap "SECRET")

> When I run 'sh /etc/netstart' I get this error:

> ifconfig: wpapsk: bad pre-shared key length
> ral0: no link ............. sleeping
> ifconfig: wpa-psk  blahrg "SECRET": bad value

I have found this in wpa-psk(1): "The passphrase must be a
sequence of between 8 and 63 ASCII-encoded characters.  The
length of the SSID must be between 1 and 32 octets."
If the error message isn't just here because of the
"SECRET"-placeholder, maybe you might want to check the lenght of
your passphrase.

s//un