I've had a quick look at a virtual winxp I've got and it does seem to be the default unfortunately. I'd recommend quickly checking what the vpn client has selected and at the same time check that the routing from your web server can actually get back to the ip address that your vpn client is given. It's also worth checking if there's any firewall rules the other side has that could be interfering.

Once you've got a vpn tunnel established through your openbsd firewall the openbsd firewall has no control over what is happening within the tunnel. The error is then either on your machine or on the thing you're trying to connect to the other side. It might be worth (and I will wash my mouth out with soap) trying using Internet Explorer instead of Firefox just in case it's your firefox browser having the problem. ( a quick telnet to port 80 on the webserver would also prove connectivity).

I have assumed that you're doing a pptp tunnel to a windows server and only going through the firewall - not starting or terminating the tunnel on the firewall. If you are then the issue is with your openbsd firewall and you'd need to add routes and rules into that.

Hope some of this helps.