Cem,

        From cemkay...@eticaret.com.tr Tue Jun  9 22:11:38 2009

        Ooops, i would expect people (who somehow use any-bsd) to
        be more familir to rc.d :)

I think people coming from "SysV" systems like Solaris or Linux
will generally find rc.d more familiar, but it isn't hard to learn
this system. On the other hand, classic BSD types are going to find
this system easier. Slackware has an rc script like setup, but it
is much closer to OpenBSD's classic style scripts compared to the
rc system used by FreeBSD or other Linux distributions.

If someone really wanted to implement their own management of
scripts in a similar way to rc.d, one might check out the Slackware
way of doing it, as it is simpler than the others, while achieving
pretty much the same end.

On the other hand, I like OpenBSD in part because of the way it
handles these scripts, so I hope I'll continue to see the current
style used for a long time into the future. :-)

--
Aaron W. Hsu <arcf...@sacrideo.us> | <http://www.sacrideo.us>
"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to