Just a detail I didn't clarify in my email.
The FastTrack is the typical ultracheap windows-only RAID controller.
I used it as a completely stupid PATA controller, then I created the RAID
volume using softraid.
That's why I hope I can just switch to another controller...

Thank you anyway,
Manuel

 --
Hana wa sakuragi, hito wa bushi