2009/6/13 Michael R. Littlejohn <notofsoundmind...@gmail.com>:
> First, I apologize if this is a dumb question. B I need to know how to
> list packages, just as you would with pkg_info, that have been
> installed from source. B Any software that I have run "make install"
> to install it into the system does not show up with "pkg_info", or
> at least not that I have been able to find. B I have been
> researching this for a couple of days, and the only thing I can find
> is a program called "paco". B I can't seem to find any other information
> that will help me accomplish my goal. B I want to be able to have
> full control over installation and uninstallation of source compiled
> packages.

You can't track software installed with 'make install', because this kind
of installation doesn't make records in pkg_* tools internal databases.
The only correct way of installing from source is making 'ports' for
software you need, if there isn't one yet, and installing that port.
Try it, it isn't very difficult. Best luck.

--
The best the little guy can do is what
the little guy does right