I'm planning on building an OpenBSD wireless access point.  I am
primarily interested in having 802.11a as there are already close to
30 2.4GHz APs in the vicinity.

I want something small, quiet, and low-power.  There aren't many
people using my network, but I would like something that can handle a
large SCP transfer or stream a video to a laptop without choking.  My
initial plan was to get a Soekris net5501-70 and a PCI ral card.
Because I'm in a high-noise urban area, I want to have the ability to
hook a decent high-gain/directional antenna.  I was specifically
looking at the Linksys WMP600N which Google says uses the rt2870
chipset.

A search of the misc@ archives, however, shows a whole lot of people
having stability issues with ral-based cards.  I couldn't find an
email recommending something better though.  What would list members
suggest I buy for wireless?  Does anyone have any suggestions on where
to buy quality antennas here in the US?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

--MHC