On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 07:05:35PM +0200, Peter J. Philipp wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I use mplayer I noticed that since OpenBSD 4.5 that the audio clangs
> unless I use aucat -l then it sounds alright.  The drawback of this is that
> mplayer thinks the audio driver is too slow and it seriously messes up
> watching video.  Anyone know what settings I should use in mplayer to
> listen with it writing directly to /dev/audio, without this robotic clang
> voice that I get?

the "clang" happens when the resampling quality is low.  But
i don't see why resampling is involved.  Could you send the
output of audioctl(1) during the robotic voice?

What's the sample frequency of the file you're playing?

Mplayer complaining about slow driver is wrong especially on
the fast machine you have.  There're bugs that may cause
syncronization problems; have you applied patches 3, 4 and 5
from the errata page ?

-- Alexandre