Talking about wget... Wouldn't be more convenient calling 'ftp http://www.blahblah.net/myitem.gz'?

I use to recover files that way; works like a charm and allows getting files from http servers without installing any ports/packages.

Regards,

Dani

patrick keshishian escribiC3:
On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 4:33 AM, Rod Whitworth<glis...@witworx.com> wrote:
On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 07:57:16 -0300, Jose Fragoso wrote:

Hi,

Actually, it is still there. But the format has changed
and spamd is not being able to handle it because the IP
address is now in the second column, like in:

2009-06-24T12:28+0200 117.199.144.132

So, for the time being, the best thing to do is to use
wrapper script.

Regards,

Yep.
Some time ago I ran into probs using the okean lists and I recently was
bitten by this one.

My solution was/is to set up spamd.conf to find those data by using the
'file method'.
I do this because a failed fetch leaves the relevant filter without
data.

So I have cronjobs to fetch the data and format it if necessary, as in:
26 B  B  B 14 B  B  B * B  B  B  * B  B  B  * B  B  B  /root/bin/okean
that only needs to be updated once a day as it is slow to change.
and:
31 B  B  B * B  B  B  * B  B  B  * B  B  B  * B  B  B  /root/bin/nixpix
so that:
37 B B B * B B B * B B B * B B B * B B B
/usr/libexec/spamd-setup
works properly.

okean:
#!/bin/sh
ftp -o /var/db/china.txt http://www.okean.com/chinacidr.txt
ftp -o /var/db/korea.txt http://www.okean.com/koreacidr.txt

nixpix:
#!/bin/sh
cd /root/data
rm -f nixspam
/usr/local/bin/wget -q www.openbsd.org/spamd/nixspam.gz
if [ $? -eq 0 ] ; then
B  B  B  B gunzip nixspam.gz
B  B  B  B cut -d " " -f 2 nixspam >/var/db/nixspam
fi
exit

spamd.conf points at the outputs of those scripts.

If any of those fetches fails, the previous data is still in place to
maintain spamd when it runs each hour.

Umm... you are explicitly doing and 'rm -f nixspam' in your script before
wget.

--patrick