On 2009-07-14, Vijay Sankar <vsan...@foretell.ca> wrote:
> I am trying to access a database hosted on a Microsoft SQL Server 2005
> using FreeTDS and iodbc from OpenBSD 4.5 -stable (also tried OpenBSD
> -current as of today). Unfortunately none of the documents I have read
> so far or the various trials/tests have helped. I can use tsql and
> access the SQL Server but I am not able to use iodbcadm-gtk to add a DSN
> etc.
>
> The standard package as well as the msdblib flavor did not work for me
> and as a result I made a few changes to the Makefile

I've got an update in the works for FreeTDS, but have to work out how
to get PHP building with it first, and what to do with libgda..

> Looks like I made some small progress however, I get the error

If tsql works and your iodbc config fails, there must be some problem
with the odbc config. I'd use the text config files, the GUI is not much
help really.. Maybe you need to change the protocol version.

> HYC00 [FreeTDS][SQL Server]Driver not capable
> 08001: [FreeTDS][SQL Server]Unable to connect to data source
>
> $ cat /usr/ports/databases/freetds/Makefile

in general "cvs diff -u Makefile" would be much simpler to read.
(but no need to do that here).