On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 01:38:25PM +0200, Didier Wiroth wrote:
| Hello,
|
| I've recently purchased a couple of logitech v20 "USB" speakers to use with
my
| laptop, but I'm not able to get any sound out of it. The sound comes out from
| the built-in speakers, but nothing comes out from the usb speakers.
|
| Any ideas on how to solve this?
|
| P.S I'm using current, see dmesg and output of "mixerctl -v" below.

The USB audio device is attached at audio1. You'll have to use that
device to get output. cd into /dev and run MAKEDEV audio1. You can
(optionally) change the symlink that is /dev/audio to point to the
newly created /dev/audio1 (and do the same for mixer and audioctl).
Alternatively, many programs support specifying the audio device on
the commandline. Point those at /dev/audio1.

Another option would be to change your kernel (config -ef /bsd) and
disable azalia. Your regular audio device will not attach and the USB
audio device will become audio0.

All options have their own advantages and downsides. You'll have to
decide what you want to do.

Cheers,

Paul 'WEiRD' de Weerd

                 http://www.weirdnet.nl/