On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 16:37 -0300, "Christiano Farina Haesbaert"
<christiano...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/7/21 Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org>
>
> > this is either trolling or a fairly naive comment. giving you the benefit
> > of the doubt for now; it's pretty common for embedded systems developers
> > to use BSD licensed software /specifically/ to avoid problems that the GPL
> > gives them for their products.
> >

> But there could be an jffs2 and ubifs implementation with BSD license,
> right
> ?
>
> My previous point is that ubifs and jffs2 could prove themselves more
> useful
> to OpenBSD
> than hammerfs for the very nature of themselves.
>
> I was not trolling, so yes, maybe naive.

The problem is that when you "port" software you cannot, contrary to
what some GNU people believe, strip off the original license and
put a new license, for example BSD, on it.
The code would have to be rewritten from scratch.
Once GNU always GNU.