On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 02:24:26AM +0000, Matthew Szudzik wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 09:59:56PM +0200, Frank Brodbeck wrote:
> > I just started to have a look at 4.6 (new installer rocks) and used the
> > opportunity to setup encryption for my /home.
> >
> > Everything works like a charm except that sd2 (on which my /home lives)
> > doesn't get attached at boot time. This causes /etc/rc to yell at me
>
> See
>  http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=124187397614485

I prefer

until [ ! -z "`bioctl softraid0`" ] || bioctl -c C -l /dev/wd0e softraid0; do
        false
done

The advantage is that if you have started the system in single-user mode
and already mounted all disks, you can just type 'exit'. Plain bioctl -c
gives an error message (as you can imagine, the screen fills up rather
quickly at this point).

Of course, in either case you lose if you put in a USB disk before
bioctl is run...

                Joachim