Hello.

About 4 years ago I installed this combo on an obsd 3.6 box, and it has worked quite well for me. I really like the obsd way of things. Now I'm ready to undertake this again, but rather than just blindly recreate what I had before, I wanted to check how this is handled in this day & age -- with obsd 4.5.

Specifically, I wanted to know how clamav and spamassassin are invoked by sendmail. In the old days, I used smtp-vilter. Is that still the method of choice?

Also

What are people using these days for IMAP/POP/SMTP and encryption of those protocols as well as encryption of smtp? I've been reading a bit on Dovecot for IMAP/POP -- any opinions there? For smtp auth I used Cyrus-sasl... that still recommended. Also interested in the best way implement tls/ssl on smtp now days as well.

If anyone knows of any good documentation on these subjects, I'd love a url.

Thank you very much for the input.