On Sat, Aug 01, 2009 at 10:23:55AM +0200, Maxim Bourmistrov wrote:
> Actually, I know what I'm asking for.
> I want to manipulate and inject packets from kernel space. Not via
> bpf and userland.

Congrats; you can do that already.

> I want to load up an LKM and don't patch all over the src.

Then you can include a set of functions/defines/whatever that provides
those interfaces for you in your LKM

#if defined(__OpenBSD__)
<what you need goes here>
#endif

To answer a question you asked in an off-list email: yes, there's been
some bitching between devs about how bad a set of functions exist for
mbuf manipulation. But there's been nothing concrete, AFAIK, so the
interface you're talking about hasn't really been considered for inclusion,
nor do we really know the direction that any future mbuf API should go.

So, long answer short: it's not included because it's not included.