On 2009-08-14, Friedrich Locke <friedrich.lo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> i am starting to learn VoIP reading a book on such regards. I wonder
> if it is possible so implement VoIP with OpenBSD?

yes, we have a few relevant ports, mostly under /usr/ports/telephony
but some others. starting points from ports/packages in no particular
order: gnugk, asterisk, openh323, kamailio, ekiga, pjsua, telepathy,

> What are the available pci telephony cards ?

afaik none are supported under OpenBSD, you'll need to use some
other gateway device, either your own (there are plenty of SIP/POTS
or SIP/ISDN gateways that work fine) or that of an external service
provider.

On 2009-08-14, Luis F Urrea <lfur...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It would be lovely to have a FreeSWITCH port for OpenBSD or at least be able
> to get it compiled on OpenBSD.

it's not a very clean codebase for use as a port (loads of third-party
libraries in the source distribution or pulled in by wget and there's
not an easy way to use external copies of these, i.e. those ones from
packages which we'd prefer to use).

there's a WIP port passed around amalgamating a couple of people's work,
but imho there's still quite a bit to be done.

  • VoIP Friedrich Locke
    • Re: VoIP Luis F Urrea
      • Re: VoIP Stuart Henderson