On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 21:52:27 -0500, neal hogan wrote:

>On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 04:58:40PM -0700, Mr Man wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a presentation coming up, and I would like to use my OpenBSD laptop
>> for it. What is the recommended application for a slides driven presentation?
>
>OpenOffice impress

That was a nice brief reply from one who likes it.

It would take more pages than my old hands can type to tell you all the
reasons that I found it to be totally frustrating, illogical and poorly
documented. Note that I don't try for sliding in points, embedded music
or video and otherwanky things.

As a hint try building a custom layout and master page and making them
survive saving and closing the app. It is so bad that Google found an
expert for me who told of the torture and suggested a way to achieve
it. Even that did not succeed completely for me.

If you <must> use it and want a personalised look, as soon as you get a
page that looks like you want it to, duplicate that page as many times
as you need for the presentation at hand. Always leave one of these
blank so that you have an empty page to make another copy.

etc etc etc...

*** NOTE *** Please DO NOT CC me. I <am> subscribed to the list.
Mail to the sender address that does not originate at the list server is
tarpitted. The reply-to: address is provided for those who feel compelled to
reply off list. Thankyou.

Rod/
---
This life is not the real thing.
It is not even in Beta.
If it was, then OpenBSD would already have a man page for it.