On Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 5:05 PM, Hugo Osvaldo
Barrera<h...@osvaldobarrera.com.ar> wrote:
> I'm about to set up an small box as an 802.11n access point/gateway/firewall.
> I've been doing my research in order to purchase a compatible adapter,
> and all except one I've found use the run(4).
> According to the information I've managed to find, as of April 2007,
> run did not support hostapd(8).
> I don't know if this has changed since.
>
> The ONLY other adapter I've found available in my country uses the
> otus(4) driver.
> According to what I understand from it's man pages, it doesn't support
> hostapd, but I'm not too sure.
> So, does run support hostapd? Does otus (I might have been wrong)? If
> not, what are my alternatives?

According to man run... the run driver does BSS and monitor mode...
same for otus. Why do you need a n (Draft-N) access point? If you do
not require n, I suggest an ASUS WL-167g USB adapter. These devices
use the rum driver and do host ap mode and can be purchased from
NewEgg in the United States for less than $15. I just bought some of
these devices. They work great in -current (although I have not used
them in host ap mode).

Good luck,

Brad