David Vasek wrote:
> The drive is reported as offline.
>
> As I understand it from sys/scsi/sd.c, "drive offline" means an error was
> reported by scsi_test_unit_ready() function call. Possibly the 520
> bytes/sector is not compatible with the controller the OP used or with the
> OpenBSD driver/scsi subsystem? Don't know. I doubt that media (i.e.
> blocks) is accessible in this condition.
>
> Regards,
> David

Hi,

I have an ATAPI LS-120 drive that always reports itself as being
offline, but it functions properly.. it would however be nice if the
device reported such online/offline events, but that could be a
limitation of the hardware.

sd0 at scsibus0 targ 0 lun 0: <MATSHITA, LS-120 VER5 00, F527> ATAPI
0/direct removable
sd0: drive offline

-Brynet