Sha'ul wrote:

  I tried writing my rules to allow only 1 SSH login at a time, and to
  lock out everyone else until the current person has closed their
  their SSH session, and then it is open for someone else to SSH in if
  need be.

  My problem seems to be is it only allows 1 SSH login and that's it,
  have to reboot if someone else wants in or for first person to ssh in
  again. Can you please correct what is wrong with my rules?

  block in all
  set require-order no
  set skip on lo
  scrub in all
  scrub out all

  ext_if = "dc0"
  int_if = "lo0"

  antispoof quick for $ext_if
  antispoof quick for lo

  table <bruteforce> persist

  block quick from <bruteforce>

  pass quick proto tcp from any to any port ssh \
  keep state (max-src-conn 1, max-src-conn-rate 2/300, \
  overload <bruteforce> flush global)

  #block in quick from urpf-failed to any # use with care

  # By default, do not permit remote connections to X11
  block in on ! lo0 proto tcp from any to any port 6000

Well the first issue that I see is that if someone happens to attack your
server you would be very easily DoS'd
Unless this server is on a private network that is... Even then if
someone leaves the session open by accident...

I believe you need to take out the overload and the src-conn rules and
just use a "max" rule only. I believe that will do what you wait.

Lawrence