On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 05:47:08PM +0100, - Tethys wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 5:37 PM, Henning Brauer <lists-open...@bsws.de>
> wrote:
>
> >> Sounds like building from source is necessary to me.
> >
> > boo hoo. run one machine somewhere and make release. done.
>
> And that attitude is why OpenBSD will never be more than a hobby OS. Sigh.

Correction, a professional OS that requires its users to be
professionals.  Not a bunch of whining windows update people that have
to call "IT" to launch excel.  In case you hadn't noticed we are old
school UNIX users that don't mind fixing whatever problem is at hand.
Including writing code or fixing a bug.  This is why in the olden days
your IT department was worth something and wasn't a bunch of monkeys
reading a script.

It is exactly your attitude that has ruined the computer industry.