Hi,

I have been playing with this for hours now, and I'm getting really frustrated.

I'm building an email server, and I want to use smtp-vilter to send my emails through spamassassin and clamav. I'm using obsd 4.5 and sendmail.

I keep getting this in my logs:
Milter (smtp-vilter): local socket name /var/smtp-vilter/smtp-vilter.sock unsafe
Milter (smtp-vilter): to error state
Milter: initialization failed, temp failing commands

This failure blocks all mail from being sent.

I have tried switching users on this socket, I have tried switching perms, right now, I have it owned by _vilter:_vilter with the mode at 0600... it doesn't get much more "safe" than that...

What am I doing wrong here?