On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 6:49 PM, Nick Holland
<n...@holland-consulting.net> wrote:
> John Cosimano wrote:
>> --- Brad Tilley [Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 02:52:10PM -0400]: ---
>>>
>>> One thing that screen got right is the A key. It's a lot closer to
>>> Ctrl than B.
>>
>> *especially* if you have a proper keyboard with the ctrl key in the
>> right location, ie, directly left of the `a'.
>>
>> just got ahold of a Sun Type 6 USB kbd and loving it.
>
> Funny, I always disliked CTRL-A being taken by screen, since it was
> so handy to go back to the beginning of the command line in ksh.
> But then, I make a lot of typing errors at the beginning of command
> lines, I guess. :)

I agree. C-a always annoyed me in screen for the same reason as you
bring up: positioning to the beginning of the shell command. C-b is
almost as annoying in vi when i want to page up ;) ... but the C-b
prefix is configurable as pointed out in the excellent faq you pointed
out:

>    http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq7.html#tmux

Cheers,
--patrick