>  Is there a chance in hell that BSD (or even
> > *BSD) would grow support for this card? Is the linux driver a hack or
> > does "caiaq" mean some new standard that may some day be supported?
> > (googling turned up only references to the driver itself).

the alsa driver looks to be a complete driver that has nothing to do
with any of the usb standards based drivers for audio or midi.  one
of the copyright holders on the alsa driver has an @caiaq.de email
address.  http://caiaq.de doesn't have much info, but it says
"hardware development".  I'm guessing these guys (caiaq.de) developed
this hardware and the drivers.  why it doesn't use the usb audio and
midi standards though, I cannot answer.

--
jake...@sdf.lonestar.org