Thanks!!  Excellent service.  fan replaced and all is good now.

Home renovations mean that my laptop was subjected to some concrete dust a few months ago; so I'm thinking my fan failure might have had something to do with that.

Eric Elena wrote:
The same thing happened to me 2 months ago. Maybe this fan is not very
reliable.
Anyway, I bought mine online on the IBM France website. For Canada, it
seems you have to contact the "Toronto Parts Order Centre" https://www-304.ibm.com/shop/americas/content/home/store_IBMPublicCanada/en_CA/parts.html

Le samedi 31 octobre 2009 C  08:31 -0400, Frank Bax a C)crit :
I have a Lenovo T60p (8744-J2U L3-CM199-07/07).
I have been running OpenBSD on it since I purchased it (Summer 2007).

The CPU fan is getting noisy and I'd like to replace it.

The store where I purchased my laptop cannot order the replacement part.

Can anyone suggest a supplier for this part? I live 200km west of Toronto, ON, Canada.