Toni Mueller wrote:
Hi,

for several releases of OpenBSD, I now have encountered the problem
that I can say "shutdown -r now", or "halt", or "reboot", and nothing
appears to happen, except for some messages on the associated
terminals.

Sometimes, it works after saying it multiple times, and literally after
minutes, and on otherwise idle boxen.

Ideas about what I can do to pinpoint the problem, are most welcome!

If you are running PostgreSQL, and aren't running as root, you will need to use sudo shutdown -r now or /etc/rc.shutdown will hang

Chris Bennett

  -- Robert Heinlein