Which apps? I have secret for you ;-) Most of the apps from packages/ports
is not from OpenBSD project, but from people/communities around the world.
So please ask them what to do. In OpenBSD there are at least two ways how
to disable IPv6 for whole system. And in case of problems with app there are
two ways too. Ask author of app or send diff to misc@ with repair ;-)