I've applied Roland's patch and it works for my ral(4) device:

l0 at pci0 dev 14 function 0 "Ralink RT2661" rev 0x00: irq 10, address
00:14:85:d5:39:bb
ral0: MAC/BBP RT2661D, RF RT2529 (MIMO XR)

On my Soekris Net5501, ral0 in ap mode would hang after a while and be
useless. Now it happily passes packets back and forth.

The only issues I have are this:

1) Wireless clients seem to regularly, randomly drop out for 20-25
seconds. However, they do reconnect. This is annoying when I am
ssh'd into the firewall itself as it breaks my ssh connection when
it happens. I've seen messages like these:

ral0: station 00:90:39:bb:00:90 disassociate (reason 7)
ral0: sending disassoc to 00:90:39:bb:00:90 on channel 7 mode 11g

I don't know how else to debug these. The clients happen to be Linux
machines. There seems no way to turn off their powersave mode with
iwconfig. (Two of the clients have rt2860 chips, one has an atheros
chip) I'm not sure if it is powersave in this case or not.

2) ARP packets not being passed between clients. I am able to fix
this by running 'ifconfig ral0 -nwflag nobridge', which resets ral0
and then the clients can see each other again.. until ral0 decides
to reset again.

3) I am seeing Ierrs and Oerrs on the ral0 interface:

Name    Mtu   Network     Address              Ipkts Ierrs    Opkts Oerrs Colls
ral0    1500  <Link>      00:14:85:d5:39:bb  2171582 25832  3508310  2026     0

I'd love to test any further patches to fix the broadcast/multicast
issues. The patch actually makes my RT2661 card usable again which
is great!

Tom