Robert wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Dec 2009 18:38:20 -0600
> "Corey J. Bukolt" <0...@mail.ru> wrote:
>

>> cbb0 at pci0 dev 8 function 0 "O2 Micro OZ69[17]2 CardBus" rev 0x00:
>> apic 2 int 17 (irq 255), CardBus support disabled
>>

> That's a boot with the card inserted?
> I guess not by the message at the end of the dmesg.
>
> You could try to disable acpi and run with apm.
> (Normally it is the other way around, so don't get your hopes up.)
>
> # sudo config -ef /bsd
> disable acpi
> enable apm
> quit
> # sudo reboot
>
> - Robert
>
> .

Okay, I gave that a try, only now my system hangs during boot, as soon
as it starts to detect the pcmcia slot.
This happens even if I boot without the card.
Here are the last few lines of output:

pcmcia0 at cardslot0
uvm_fault(0xd088cfc0, 0x9097c000, 0, 1) -> e
kernel: page fault trap, code=0
stopped at Xintr_IOapic2+0x35: Mov( apic_maxlevel(,%eax, 4), %ebx
ddb>

and it gets stranger.
If I press a key, the following repeats over a few times, and then the
system locks up entirely.

ddb> PANIC: mtx_enter: locking against myself
Stopping a t wwwGcJ=0x4: leave
RUN AT LEAST TRACE AND PS AND INCLUDE OUTPUT WHEN REPORTING THIS PANIC!
DO NOT EVE BOTHER REPORTING THIS WITHOUT INCLUDING THAT INFORMATION.

Is there a way I can reenable acpi from the bootloader?
I stupidly neglected to backup my kernel, thinking something like this
wouldn't happen.