It is true, and AFAIK, todays it's a topper nice task... almost 20.

Regards,

Dani

Donald Allen escribis:
My understanding is that OpenBSD still employs the Giant Lock approach
to SMP, serializing access to kernel services. Is this still true? If
it is, do Theo and the other kernel developers consider it a priority
to improve this?

(I am NOT complaining. I completely understand that OpenBSD is a labor
of love and that development resources are limited and that doing SMP
right isn't easy. I'm simply trying to get an idea of whether this is
likely to be addressed in the near future or not.)

/Don Allen