Chris Bennett wrote:
A while back, I asked a question about running mod_perl in chroot.
I got good answers and had good success running two of my virtual hosts on my laptop while traveling (with then -current).
I was able to get a lot of important work done.

However, my server has a few other virtual hosts.
I have a few cgi scripts, which I wanted to run under PerlRun, for easier fix for now.
Another has a forum which is running under Registry::BB

My server is running 4.5 and I was planning on working out all the details and then upgrading to 4.6

However, I cannot get either PerlRun or the Registry::BB scripts to work with chroot empty of perl and mysql stuff

So to make sure, before asking a question here, I downloaded httpd.conf, put just one host on it with PerlRun script. Works on my Desktop in PerlRun without anything Perlish in chroot (As I would have expected/hoped for)
My Desktop runs recent -current

I will try Registry:BB item next, but first,

Do I just have my server files a mess or is there a bug in older mod_perl?
If there is a bug, I will just upgrade or fresh re-install to -current

Thanks
Chris Bennett

I got everything good, but I cannot get this forum that runs under RegistryBB (or even under Registry to work without:

copying into chroot:
/var/www/usr/local/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.19.0
/var/www/usr/bin/perl
also all of the perl libraries.

I don't need any of this for my PostgreSQL stuff.

I can imagine the need for mysql library, but perl!
That should not be happening.
I pre-load everything I can find in scripts into startup.pl, but still seems to be acting like cgi.

Any advice? I am also going to send this to script author

  -- Robert Heinlein