On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 7:09 PM, Tom Murphy <open...@pertho.net> wrote:
> Aaron -
>
>  Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but maybe you need to
> match the inbound traffic so that the related traffic going back
> out will fall into the proper queue?
>
>  e.g.
>
>  pass in on $wired_if to $chechemaru queued wired_lo
>
>  I've found with BitTorrent, Soulseek and other P2P-like things, you need
> to match the incoming packets as well as they set up related connections
> (states) back out.
>
>  Tom

Thanks to all who answered.

In my efforts to get this working someone pointed me to a lovely
little program that comes with transmission that allows you to control
the web interface via the command line.  I now use this tool on the
seedbox to schedule the changes in transfer speed, scheduled by at.  I
figured I would do most of my dl'ing via BT and any time I do
otherwise would be once in a blue moon.

Thanks again

--
Aaron Mason - Programmer, open source addict
I've taken my software vows - for beta or for worse