On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 10:10 AM, Bret Lambert <bret.lamb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 8:59 AM, Vadkan Jozsef <jozsi.avad...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Can I run obsd as a xen guest?
>>

> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Can+I+run+obsd+as+a+xen+guest
>
> The internet: you're doing it wrong.

    Hello all! (I'm a very new OpenBSD user (tested only on Qemu, but
would like to put OpenBSD in production).)

    And I just want to say that I had the same question a couple a
days ago: <<Is it really possible (as in tried in a quasi-production
environment) to run OpenBSD as a Xen domU? And if so are there some
guidelines, documentation, etc.? If not is there any disponibility to
implement such a feature?>>

    I've searched a little on the net and I've reached to the
following two possibilities:
    * Yes but under Xen with HVM support, with the drawback of
(greater) CPU overhead and with some networking problems;
    * And also yes as direct DomU, but based on the work of
<<Christoph Egger>> but which is not available on the net anymore;
    * any other options??? (anyone???)

   So I bet that the initial poster expected an (authoritative) answer
that should have came in the form of an advice based on experience or
at least something useful... (Not lmgtfy, which I'm sure he already
did, but did not found a good enough answer (as in authoritative)...)

    Sorry,
    Ciprian.