On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 11:23:50 +0800 (CST) shweg...@gmail.com wrote:

> This is weird. I've just tried to type accented characters in beaver,
> like C C(C)C,C9C2C<C6
> and after that I cannot open it or I get the accented chars like 'a`'

Yes. This is the exact same behavior Tomas reported and I duplicated
with the 'cz' layout and UTF-8 with beaver. Since gvim and other GTK
apps work fine, the problem is in beaver itself.

There is two seemingly newer releases of beaver. There's a 0.3.1 in
hidden the 'archive' directory of their old site (gnu.org) as well as
a 0.4.0rc1 on their new site (nongnu.org).

I'll try to port the latter to see if it fixes this problem.