Chris Bennett wrote:
I just re-installed fresh from 4.5 to 4.6.

I now have a problem with a script that ran from cron for many months without problems.

 From cron I get:

Logfile LWP_SupeRref.log failed to open at /home/user/LWP/LWP_ref.pl line 73.

I have tried altering permissions, deleting file, touching file, etc

This script works just fine from command line and also using at command

Are you *sure* you know what directory the log file is being created in? If the script is writing to default/current directory; perhaps your cron environment has changed.