Hey Didier:

2) Here was my problem I needed a "AT+CFUN=1" to turn the card on ;-/
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Ericsson_F3507g_Mobile_Broadband_Module

I noticed if I turn off radio afterwards with "AT+CFUN=0" or "AT+CFUN=4", the gsm card is detached from the kernel:
ubt0 detached
ucom0 detached
umodem0 detached
ucom1 detached
umodem1 detached
umodem2 detached

Does someone know if it is possible to re-attach / re-access it without rebooting ? (it is a build-in card, so it is impossible to re-insert it).

Yes if you do:

AT+CFUN=1,1

This card, which is in the Lenovo X301 and W500, has to be "put in the right state" to work with pppd. (I cannot turn on the card using Fn-F5. On my Thinkpad that attaches and detaches bluetooth.) When my Thinkpad boots the card is attached, but its green WAN light is not lit. Here is the relevant section of my dmesg:

umodem0 at uhub1 port 4 configuration 1 interface 1 "Ericsson Ericsson F3507g Mo
bile Broadband Minicard Composite Device" rev 2.00/0.00 addr 2
umodem0: data interface 2, has CM over data, has break
umodem0: status change notification available
ucom0 at umodem0
umodem1 at uhub1 port 4 configuration 1 interface 3 "Ericsson Ericsson F3507g Mo
bile Broadband Minicard Composite Device" rev 2.00/0.00 addr 2
umodem1: data interface 4, has CM over data, has break
umodem1: status change notification available
ucom1 at umodem1
umodem2 at uhub1 port 4 configuration 1 interface 9 "Ericsson Ericsson F3507g Mo
bile Broadband Minicard Composite Device" rev 2.00/0.00 addr 2
umodem2: data interface 12, has CM over data, has break
umodem2: no data interface

When it is in the "right state" for pppd, the LED WAN light will be lit up. Your thinkwiki.org hyperlink makes reference to this. The tricky part was figuring out how long that took and how to do that within the right sequence of a CHAT script.

Here is my working chat script:
TIMEOUT 5
ABORT 'NO CARRIER' ABORT ERROR ABORT 'NO DIALTONE' ABORT BUSY ABORT 'NO ANSWER'
'' 'ATE1'               # thanks Didier!
TIMEOUT 30
'' AT+CFUN=1\r\d\c      # wait until the modem echoes '+PACSP0'
'+PACSP0'               # chat(8) says '/d' '/c' not valid for 'expect'
'AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","isp.cingular"'
OK 'ATDT*99***1#' 'CONNECT' \c

Thank you all for helping!
Didier