On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 11:03:28PM +0100, Maxim Bourmistrov wrote:
> Yeah, stepping from 3.9 to 4.6 might be a big change, but
> I still want this "-F force"-flag in place. :)

Nope, won't happen like this.

Especially since you're not giving me complete information.

You should actually send proper bug-reports. That is, tell what you have
installed on your box, what you do, what you expect, and what you get.

As things go, you just give us a very fuzzy image of what you expect to
happen, and you get disappointed that the tools do not do what you want.

I expect you're very confused in your head as well.

The tools try very hard to avoid mistakes.  If you understand the structure
of /var/db/pkg, it's very easy to force stuff without rm -rf /.

In your case, I suspect you played some dirty tricks, or that your box
got corrupted, so that the info in /var/db/pkg is not accurate.

But if you don't give me actual info, I won't help.

And I don't care about jumping from 3.9 to 4.6.  pkg tools changed a lot
between 4.6 and 4.7-beta. I won't tweak things based on your experience
of 4.6, since 4.7-beta is vastly improved compared to 4.6.