Hello everybody,

I use a Soekris net5501 running OpenBSD 4.6 (i386) to firewall my small
network.  I want to follow the -stable release to ensure that the system
remains secure.  From reading the OpenBSD documentation, I am left with the
impression that:

- The only way to keep OpenBSD up to date in terms of security patches is to
build my own system from -stable.
- Cross compiling a system is not supported.

I would rather not build a release on the Soekris box because it is quite slow
and because it doesn't presently have enough disk space to store a complete
source tree.  All my other computers are either PowerPC or AMD64, so I don't
believe these can be used to build an i386 release.

I would welcome any suggestions regarding the best way to accomplish this.

Regards,
James.