On Wed, Feb 03, 2010 at 11:10:59PM +0100, Martin Schr?der wrote:
> 2010/2/3 Jean-Francois <jfsimon1...@gmail.com>:
> > Not clear for me, does this firewall reach EAL4+ or EAL6 as stated in their
> > doc

> "Certified by the BSI according to CC at the level EAL 4+"

> http://www.genua.de/genua/kunden/index.en.html

ITYM http://www.genua.de/produkte/firewall/genugate/zerti/index.en.html

The EAL6 refers to the augmentations they did to the EAL4 package (the
"+" in EAL4+). Nonetheless, neither means *anything* unless you've also
read the claims they've made ("Security Target"). In theory, they could
evaluate the whole firewall under the assumption that no network
connections are present and *still* get a valid EAL4+ certification - so
you really need to know what the claims were.

Genua themselves don't seem to provide easy access on their own site to
the Security Target (though I didn't search very thoroughly), but you
stand a good chance of finding the full public report on
http://www.commoncriteriaportal.org/

Cheerio,

Thomas
--