On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 03:00:59PM -0800, Brian Keefer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm wondering what other folks are using to graph pf data beyond what is
> provided by pfstat.  The aggregate values are useful and I'd also like to
> setup graphs of particular services, particular tables, etc.  Is there a way
> for pfstat to graph labeled traffic that I have overlooked?

There are lots of different ways to graph network data on pf firewalls.
I don't know that any (besides pfstat) are specifically designed for pf,
but it's not hard to retrofit them.

> I also looked briefly at NetFlow support, but as near as I can tell that's
> only for established flows, or am I wrong?

If by "established" you mean finished, then yes.  pfstat(4) exports
expired states into NetFlow datagrams.  NetFlow is very handy for
looking at specific traffic events (or representative traffic of a large
event) but is not useful for trending or regression analysis.

--
Jason Dixon
DixonGroup Consulting