On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 12:04 PM, Anthony Howe <ach...@snert.com> wrote:
> On 23/02/2010 20:56, Philip Guenther whispered from the shadows...:
>> Look Ted, you perhaps should feel guilty about other things, but not
>> that: Anthony's test program dumps core in /var/crash/ Just Fine with
>> kern.nosuidcoredump=2 and -current, and that code hasn't change in
>> quite a while.
>
> But it doesn't do that on my OpenBSD servers (4.0 and 4.3) regardless of
> what I set kern.nosuidcoredump.

You've apparently chosen to stick with old versions whose patch
branches have been unmaintained for, respectively, more than 2 years
and almost a year.  As a developer, I have no interest in tracking
down the change that fixed it and back porting to such versions, as
only someone insane or self-supporting would be still using those.
So, reporting that it doesn't work on those is basically
uninteresting.  Best of luck with your systems!

The behavior of kern.nosuidcoredump=0 will almost certainly be fixed before 4.7.

> Remember too that my claim is that
> without the setuid() function call, it works fine; with the setuid()
> call it does not.

Umm, yes, of course.  Is that a surprise?

Philip Guenther