Otto Moerbeek wrote:
On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 10:45:38PM +0100, Otto Moerbeek wrote:

hOn Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 01:15:29PM -0800, Alex Carver wrote:

I've tried all the suggestions so far but no luck.  I can not ever
get /dev/cua* to work properly.

Even cat fails:

# cat < /dev/cuaa
ksh: cannot open /dev/cuaa: Device not configured

So the fundamental problem is this "Device not configured" error.
How is OpenBSD supposed to be configuring these devices and why is
my system not doing so?  This is a completely clean install of
OpenBSD on the machine after completely formatting and
repartitioning the hard drive.

There's something missing and it's probably something simple but
I've stared at it for so logn now that I'm likely missing it
entirely.
according to sys/arch/sparc/sparc/conf.c, zs uses major device number 12.

Check the device majer/minors: /dev/ttya should be 12,0 and
/dev/cuau 12,128.

That should be cuaa of course

# ls -l /dev/cuaa
crw-rw----  1 uucp  dialer   12, 128 Feb 21 18:52 /dev/cuaa
# ls -l /dev/ttya
crw-rw----  1 uucp  dialer   12,   0 Feb 24 22:31 /dev/ttya
#

They match what they should be but it still comes up device not configured.