List,

If one wanted to increase the size of an existing device configured with
vnconfig, I presume that one could use disklabel and growfs on this
partition. To do so, however, one would need to increase the size of the
file which vnconfig uses as the device (I presume).

What is the best way of increasing the size of this "container" file?

Create the "extension" using dd and then 'cat extension >> containerfile'?

Or by using dd directly with a (skip? seek?)?

I understand that "best" is rather subjective; any and all suggestions
appreciated. Many thanks!

Tor