On 27/03/2010, at 5:11 PM, Jacob Meuser wrote:

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 10:05:02AM +0800, Aaron Lewis wrote:
Hi,
   Is that possible to modify CFLAG for port installed software ?

   I read `man mk.conf' found there's no CFLAGS or CXXFLAG entries ,
even though i tried to
   put `CFLAG += -O3 -march=i686' into that file , but ports doesn't
recognize it.

   Just want to optimize ports software , during compilation of
kernel , i'd comment them out.

   Does anyone has any ideas ?

I've built things with '-O3 -march' on OpenBSD throughout the years.
*never* has it improved *anything*.  at best, the difference is not
noticible, at worst things are slower and less stable.  and I'm talking
like I did this a month ago with multimedia software that uses such
flags by default.

+1

Whenever I've tested this, flags above -O2 have had not had any value at all.

paulm