Hi,

On Wed, 31.03.2010 at 17:12:30 -0700, Philip Guenther <guent...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> The i386 build has been around a lot longer than amd64, so comparing
> absolutes doesn't reveal the relative rate.

that doesn't sound compelling to me, as, afair, the serial numbers
are reset on every release. Eg. I can see this on one machine:

$ what /bsd.old
/bsd.old
        OpenBSD 4.3 (GENERIC) #698: Wed Mar 12 11:07:05 MDT 2008

Now, with -current, serial numbers for i386 are in the range of 4xx,
which is much lower than 698.

> You don't say _why_ it would matter to you, so I can't answer
> _whether_ it would matter to you.  What problem are you trying to
> solve?

I am interested in how these things work internally in your project,
and I also wondered whether I'd done something wrong (eg. inadvertantly
fetched stale code), as, at first, I assumed that all these builds
should occur in sync. Now, when I was reporting problems, the large
difference in serial number struck me as odd, and curiosity set in.

Kind regards,
--Toni++