STeve Andre' wrote:
   Is there a port which does non-destructive reads of a disk?  I've been
looking in the ports tree and openports.se but don't see any. I have two 320G disks that I need to verify are good before Monday and was
thinking that a random read test would be better than just walking
through them with dd.
(I love that the ports collection is big enough that I can't remember
what everything is, anymore)

tnx, STeve Andre'

e2fsprogs has badblocks, which can do either a destructive or non-destructive test

  -- Robert Heinlein