Pau <vim.u...@googlemail.com> writes:

> I have a thinkpad x200s and with a recent snapshot I can confirm here
> that the laptop suspends in a fraction of a second and resumes again
> almost immediately
>
> Unfortunately, after some few seconds, even if if looks as if
> everything had gone just perfect (em0, usb etc are resumed), I get
>
> ahci_get_err_ccb but SACT 03ffffff != 0?
> panic: kernel diagnostic assertion "ahci_pread(ap, AHCI_PREG_CI) == 0"
> failed: file "../../../../dev/pci/ahci.c", line 2037
> Stopped at     Debugger+0x4:      leave
> RUEN AT LEAST 'trace' AND 'ps' AND INCLUDE OUTPUT WHEN REPORTING THIS PANIC!
> IF RUNNING SMP, USE 'mach ddbcpu <#>' AND 'trace' ON OTHER PROCESSORS, TOO.
> (...)
> ddb{0}>

Like sthen@ already said..

The ahci controller does not support suspend/resume yet so.. try
changing SATA mode in the bios to compability mode so that your
harddrive attaches through pciide instead of through ahci.

This has the consequence that you have to edit fstab during boot when
the kernel cannot find sd0a but then you just do:

# mount /dev/wd0a /
# cd /etc
# ed fstab
,s/sd0/wd0/g
# exit
[ boot continues.. ]

I tried that on my thinkpad t400 and it made suspend/resume work for me.

/gabriel