On 14 April 2010 19:11, Zachary Uram <net...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As a long time Linux user I will soon try out OpenBSD, I have been
> reading the list emails and contacted 1 OpenBSD top person who was
> very rude. There is some of the "RTFM" or "get lost" attitude in
> Linux, but if a questioner seems sincere there is usually a certain
> level of friendliness in Linux community towards them. Just what I
> have briefly observed the OpenBSD community is more abrupt and less
> interested in helping newbies, they prefer one find the answer solely
> on their own if possible. I must say I detect a certain attitude that
> smacks of superiority and even condescension at times. Is this a fair
> assessment of 6the OpenBSD culture?
>
> Zach

The developers don't make OpenBSD for you, but they are good enough to
give away the fruits of those efforts for free.

You think people work hard on the code and documentation and then
should not be annoyed when someone does not have the decency to do the
minumum amount of work required to help themselves?  Especially given
the fine documentation?

Why shouldn't you be expected to put in some effort to get something
out of OpenBSD?  If you're not willing to RTFM, then it probably would
be best to get lost.

Shane