Am 14 Apr 2010 um 14:50 schrieb Theo de Raadt:

I guess this is the "get lost" mail he is referring to.

Yes, it is a damn fair assessment.  When you pay your taxes, do you go
make a personal request for assistance of your prime minister?

Your mail lies about what you saw, so here is the full exchange:

Surely he's contrasting his Linux experience based on the response to something like:

Torvalds,

I have been hearing very good things about Linux from people whose opinions I value highly. I have a MacBook and a Windows PC on which I'd like to run Linux "dual-boot" with the existing operating system. Could you please recommend a distribution and provide detailed installation instructions for each. Do you need to know the exact models? Do you need to know which version of Mac and Windows I am running? I am happy to provide that information if necessary.

Look forward to hearing from you soon, and please keep up the good work!

Cheers,
n00b